Give Your Basketball Practices a Shot in the Arm!
Use one of the 50 drills in Coaching Basketball to:
- Increase practice intensity!
- Build great basketball habits in your players!
- Emphasize the little details of the game!
- Never have a stale, boring practice!
- Teach your players to have focused, controlled intensity when they play!
Eight time Coach of the Year Kevin Sivils shares 50 drills designed to inject intensity to any practice.
Illustrated with 108 diagrams to help clarify how the drills are to be taught and executed. 29 Photographs are included to illustrate the some of the concepts taught.
This book will serve as an easy to use and valuable reference for any coach. Each drill is described in an easy to understand format.
Sample practice plans to demonstrate how to schedule intensity drills into your practices are included. Rules and guidelines for planning entire practice sessions for maximum productivity and utilization of intensity drills are included as well.
Drills to increase intensity in practice are included for:
- Basic footwork and movement
- Specific drills to focus on intensity
- Passing and catching
- Fast Break
- Post Play
Make your practices more fun and productive by adding two-minute intensity drills to pick up the pace and intensity! Players love practices that move quickly and have high levels of intensity!