401 Ways to Get Your Kids to Work at Home is an essential book for busy parents who would like to get their kids to share the housework & chores, and who would like a systematic program to ensure that their kids know all the basic living skills by the time they leave home at age eighteen. Among the topics it covers are:
- How (and when) to assign and teach specific jobs
- How to give positive feedback, incentives, rewards (or punishment)
- How to teach your child to organize his or her bedroom
- How to teach time and money and basic household skills; handling personal hygiene and clothing needs, cooking, nutrition, and shopping skills; exploring and planning a career
- Plus over 400 specific incentive/reward ideas (like charging a nickel for every sock Mom has to pick up)
- It works!
Whether your kids are toddlers or teenagers, you'll find immediate help and direction in Bonnie Runyan McCullough and Susan Walker Monson's enthusiastic, supportive advice.