FIFTH EDITION, UPDATED FOR 2020. The authoritative guide to producing, directing, shooting, editing, and distributing your video or film. Whether you aspire to be a great filmmaker yourself or are looking for movie gifts, this comprehensive guide to filmmaking is the first step in turning a hobby into a career.
Widely acknowledged as the “bible” of video and film production, and used in courses around the world, The Filmmaker’s Handbook is now updated with the latest advances in HD and digital formats. For students and teachers, professionals and novices, this indispensable handbook covers all aspects of movie making.
• Techniques for making dramatic features, documentaries, corporate, broadcast, and experimental videos and films
• Shooting with DSLRs, video, film, and digital cinema cameras
• In-depth coverage of lenses, lighting, sound recording, editing, and mixing
• Understanding HDR, RAW, Log, 4K, UHD, and other formats
• The business aspects of funding and producing your project
• Getting your movie shown in theaters, on television, streaming services, and online