There is a lot more to working with aggression cases than mastering methods and techniques. In her practical, down-to-earth, and often humorous style, Nicole Wilde presents all the other information trainers need to know in order to work effectively, safely, and successfully with aggressive dogs.
- Types and Levels of Aggression
- Legal Considerations
- Crucial Questions for Phone Screening
- Advance Questionnaires
- What You Must Know to Stay Safe
- Reacting to Reactive Behavior
- History-Taking and Topics to Discuss
- Skills to Teach and Session Structure
- Written Assessments for Veterinarians
- What to do if you are Bitten at a Session
- How to Break Up a Dog Fight
- Discussing Rehoming and Euthanasia with Clients
- Ten Tips for Reactive Dogs in Class… and much more!
This book is literally overflowing with invaluable, realistic how-to information about safely working with aggressive dogs. After spending much of her career working with wolves and hybrids, dog aggression must seem like a walk in the park for Nicole. We are lucky to benefit from her expertise.
– Ian Dunbar, Founder of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers
Working with aggression is dangerous. Nicole’s thoughtful, detailed and encouraging guide bravely lays out for the trainer what is required. The dog training world should welcome it.
– Sue Sternberg, Founder and Director, Rondout Valley Animals for Adoption
Nicole has done it again – written a clear, helpful, and comprehensive book on a type of behavior problem that is all too common, and all too difficult to address. An excellent resource for trainers.
– Trish King, CPDT, CDBC, Director of Behavior and Training, Marin Humane Society