Does Your Dog Hate to Be Left Alone?
Does your dog destroy things when you're away? Does he bark, howl, or have potty accidents in the house? Do you come home to a dog who is wild-eyed and panting? If so, your dog may have a separation issue. The good news is that the solution is right here! This book will guide you every step of the way to help your dog feel comfortable when left alone.
You'll learn about:
- The role of management, nutrition, and exercise
- Whether pharmacological intervention could help
- How to build your dog's confidence
- Creative management solutions
- Step-by-step behavior modification protocols
- Alternative therapies that can be invaluable
- How to put it all together in a customized plan
In addition, experts share real-life stories detailing how they handled separation issues in their client's dogs and their own dogs.
WINNER Silver Award IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards 2011!