Teach like a pro from day one!
In this updated version of the successful Secrets for Secondary School Teachers, you will learn tangible ways to supercharge your teaching skills, while avoiding the pitfalls common to beginning teachers. Offering a unique blend of perspectives and "insider" insights into secondary education, a seasoned high school teacher, a long-time educator and counselor, and a recent high school graduate join forces to impart proven tips and tools.
This indispensable guide combines practical applications of your preservice coursework with straightforward portrayals of what you can expect during your first days, weeks, semesters, and years in the classroom.
Already packed with winning ideas and real-life scenarios, this newest edition has added:
• A new chapter on developing plans for instruction and assessment
• Rubrics—both holistic and analytic
• A-to-Z list of assessments
• Expanded information on multiple intelligences and diverse learning populations
• Suggestions for students with attention deficits
• Stress source chart
• Technology tips
Reduce your stress, hone your skills, and be "in the know" with this invaluable resource.