Becoming a successful teacher in today's fast-changing world can be a daunting challenge. Jane Bluestein addresses the issues new teachers face and provides practical ideas and honest cautions in a wide range of helpful topics, including what keeps so many schools rooted in win-lose philosophies and practices, personal assets that will increase the odds of your survival and success, and specific strategies for winning in a win-lose system. These valuable insights and strategies, backed by years of experience and research, help you:
- Establish your professional identity
- Understand the culture, environment, and politics of today's schools
- Build your own support team with mentors, administrators, and colleagues
- Connect with students and create win-win classrooms
- Take care of yourself and grow in your career
With activity sheets full of handy charts, self-assessment surveys, and planning pages, Becoming a Win-Win Teacher helps you become a welcome, established, and effective member of a school community—without sacrificing your personality, intentions, or ideals.