Sacred Sites: The Camino
The Guide to Your Magical Journey
The Camino de Santiago – the Way of Saint James – is an ancient pilgrimage path that stretches eight hundred kilometres westward across the north of Spain. Christians walk it to do penance, be absolved of their sins and feel closer to their deity, druids and pagans follow it to communicate with the gods and goddesses of old and absorb the powerful earth energies along the way, and other spiritual seekers make the trek in their quest for solitude, enlightenment and inner wisdom.
Within the pages of Sacred Sites: The Camino, you will:
* Marvel at the breathtaking mountains, lush valleys and desert-hot plains the route passes through on its way to the cathedral at Santiago de Compostela or the edge of the world at Finisterre, and explore its tiny villages, historical towns, monasteries and ancient monuments.
* Learn the history of the Camino, which has been walked by kings and queens, saints and sinners, peasants, priests, politicians and pop stars for thousands of years, and how its purpose continues to evolve.
* Discover what makes this path sacred, how to plan your own trek, the miracles associated with the sites along the route, and the way it inspires, touches and initiates growth and learning in all who walk it.
* Connect with the healing power of the land and the joy of solitude as you set out on your own pilgrimage, within as well as without, and journey to find the sacred parts of your own heart and soul.
* Read the interview postcard from spiritual adventurer, author and actress Shirley MacLaine, who walked the Camino in her sixties.
* And discover extra practical information, websites and details added after Seven Sacred Sites was published.