An Introduction to You and Your Blog
1. What’s your name? Where in the world are you blogging from?
Hey, I’m Rachel. I’m from Huntington, West Virginia.
2. Tell us your history with reading. Were you always a reader? Were you a reluctant reader? Was there a book that convinced you to become a reader?
I’ve loved reading since I was a little kid. I can’t even remember a time I wasn’t obsessed with books. I was even that weird kid that actually liked taking the AR tests that you had to take each time you read a book in elementary school.
3. How did you get involved in the online book community?
Well, I really liked blogging and writing in general. Then one day I realized that I wanted to read more books and write about what I was reading. So after reading some other book blogs out there, I realized that this is what I wanted to do.
4. How did you choose your primary platform (blog, Instagram, YouTube, etc)? How did you come up with your blog name?
I chose blogging out of just wanting a space where I could talk about books. Like I said, I had a major love of writing from the start and writing about books in particular seemed to make sense because I loved them so much. I made this my Twitter name in like eighth grade because I thought I was so cool and clever. It became my blog name because I honestly couldn’t think of anything else.
5. What’s your favorite thing about the online book community?
I love finding people who love the same books that you do and getting to just fangirl over these books as much as possible is an awesome feeling.
6. What sort of posts can readers expect from you?
Mostly just reviews and lists. I’m pretty boring for the most part, but I’m hoping to expand that to other more creative posts in the near future.
7. What book genres do you talk about most?
Young Adult and Romance, both mostly Contemporary.
1. Favorite food? Beverage?
Reese cups and Dr. Pepper.
2. Favorite color?
3. Favorite things to do apart from reading?
Writing, watching football, baseball, and basketball, and listening to music.
4. Favorite tv shows?
I watch WAY too much TV. It’s a problem. I love Shameless, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Grey’s Anatomy, This is Us, Scandal, How to Get Away with Murder, Friday Night Lights, Gilmore Girls, Parenthood, and the list goes on and on really!
5. Favorite movies?
The Princess Bride, Pitch Perfect, Almost Famous, Silver Linings Playbook, and Moonlight. There’s so many more but I can’t think of any at the moment.
6. Favorite musical artists?
Taylor Swift, One Direction, Twenty One Pilots, Ed Sheeran, Arctic Monkeys, Chance the Rapper, Avett Brothers, The Decemberists, and Bob Dylan.
1. Favorite childhood books?
I loved Junie B. Jones, Magic Tree House books, Charlotte’s Web, and The Babysitter’s Club.
2. Favorite books read in the last five years?
Fangirl, Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, Jellicoe Road, Anna and the French Kiss, Eleanor and Park, and so many more!
3. Favorite genres?
Contemporary and romance YA and also adult romance.
4. Underrated book, series or author you love?
I feel like a lot of people know who she is, but I absolutely adore Dahlia Adler.
5. A book you want to see made into a film or tv show?
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell would be awesome. So would Every Day by David Levithan.
6. Book boyfriend/girlfriend? Book BFF? Book family?
Olly from Everything, Everything. Taylor from Jellicoe Road. Simon’s family from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.
7. Books you want to read in 2017?
What to Say Next by Julie Buxbaum, The Names They Gave Us by Emery Lord, Ramona Blue by Julie Murphy, and Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios.