Happy New Year everyone! I’ve been slacking on posts majorly here recently, but I decided that I wanted to participate in the end of the year book survey just to reflect on the progress that I’ve made this year. Thanks to Jamie of Perpetual Page Turner for making this wonderful survey for the 7th year in a row!
Number Of Books You Read: 238
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Contemporary/Romance
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
Favorite YA contemporary romance books released this year:
Girl Against the Universe by Paula Stokes, Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry, Wanderlost by Jen Malone, and P.S. I Like You by Kasie West.
Undecided by Julianna Keyes, Sustained by Emma Chase, Strong Signal and Fast Connection by Saninto Hassell and Megan Erickson, and the Addicted series by Krista and Becca Ritchie.
The Winner’s Kiss by Marie Rutkoski, Lux series by Jennifer L. Armentrout, Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater, and The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stifevater.
Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee and Salt to the Sea by Ruth Sepetys.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon and When We Collided by Emery Lord.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Probably Undecided because I knew literally nothing about it but it was such an amazing read. And also Wanderlost by Jen Malone was also a surprising one that I knew nothing about and loved.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
Definitely Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
I’m not a big series fan honestly, but probably the Lux series even though it’s been out for awhile. The Winner’s Kiss was definitely the best for me, mostly because I didn’t finish reading The Raven Cycle like so many other people have.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Santino Hassell, Megan Erickson, and Adam Silvera.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
Probably Outrun the Moon and Salt to the Sea, literally the only two historical fiction that I read this year but I really enjoyed them both.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Girl on the Train. It wasn’t my favorite honestly, but I can’t deny that I wasn’t able to stop reading it once I picked it up.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
The Upside of Unrequited before it releases in 2017.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
I really loved Simon from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda. You’ll see this book on my list a lot even though it released in 2015, I didn’t read it until 2016.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
I thought Girl Against the Universe was pretty great.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
The Problem with Forever.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Definitely The Scorpio Races!
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“People really are like houses with vast rooms and tiny windows. And maybe it’s a good thing, the way we never stop surprising each other.” — Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
Shortest: Plus One by Brighton Walsh.
Longest: The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Possibly Girl on the Train.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
How am I supposed to pick just one??
Jake and Chelsea from Sustained were pretty perfect.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sloane and her dad from This Adventure Ends.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Walk the Edge by Katie McGarry.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda and I’m so happy that I did! Also All The Bright Places, which I honestly didn’t enjoy all that much.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Well the last book that I read was Salt to the Sea and I’m in love with Florian.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
The Only Thing Worse Than You is Me by Lily Anderson and Lucky Few by Kathryn Ormsbee.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
The Scorpio Races was great!
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
The Only Thing Worse Than You is Me.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
All The Bright Places made me ugly cry for sure.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Salt to the Sea.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
The Sun Is Also a Star though I didn’t love it at all.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
I’m honestly not sure because I’m looking forward to a lot of the 2017 releases.
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
How to Make a Wish by Ashley Herring Blake.
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
The Hate U Give and After the Fall.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
I’m really not sure since I don’t read that many series or sequels.
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Attend more author and book related events! I also want to work on posting a lot more than I currently am.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera, By Your Side by Kasie West, and The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.